The Art of Sequencing Workshop
As of 2021, we have rolled our Art of Sequencing Workshop into our 200RYT Teacher Training. It is no longer being offered as separate CEU workshops. If you already enrolled in the Art of Sequencing Workshop, please continue to enjoy it. If you are not already enrolled and would like to take part in our sequencing training, we'd love to have you join us for our online teacher training.
Learn more here.
Master the Art of Sequencing
Guiding Sacred Circles to Create Sacred Space
Work with the Body on a Vibrational Level
Sequencing to Support Both the Physical Body and the Subtle Body
Learning to Direct Energy in a Particular Order to Restore Balance
**Scroll to the Bottom of this Page to Access Each Module**
In this workshop, you will learn:
- The Fundamental Formula, which is the framework for creating dynamic classes and sequences
- Defining poses as either open or squared hip, and how to place them together in complementary sequences to address both anatomical openings and optimal energetic feel
- The 3 Principles that govern rotation on your mat in varying mandala formats, allowing you to choreograph patterns of movement that guide and direct the flow of energy
- How to apply these Principles to any type of class and any level class – beginner, alignment-based and vinyasa flow
- How to direct movement on the mat in a linear format
- How to guide sacred circles and understanding the concepts behind these rotations, such as horizontal and vertical paths, and creating energetic spheres in which to practice
- How to write a class by putting mini sequences together to create an endless variety of creative, dynamic classes
- How to create anatomical and energetic balance in your classes How to maintain a feeling of flow without vinyasas
- How to teach a class to multiple levels
What's Included in the Full Workshop (Modules 1, 2 and 3):
- 71 Instructional & Sequencing Tutorial Videos ~ These tutorials build precept upon precept to walk you through the Art of Sequencing from the most basic information about how to properly attend to the spine at the start of each class, to choreographing beautiful mandala patterns that create sacred space
- 43 Video Yoga Classes ~ Ranging from 30 to 90 minutes, these classes, guided by Master Sequencer Melody White, allow you to practice the concepts taught in the tutorials in a wide variety of classes, so you can experience and gain a feel for the rotations and patterns of movement that are at the heart of the Art of Sequencing
- 87 Written Mini Sequences ~ Mini Sequences are the building blocks for creating classes. Take these written mini sequences to your mat and practice them to learn the concepts and to better understand how to write classes, then use them to create an endless variety of your own classes
- 21 Written Yoga Classes ~ From basic to complex, these written classes are yours to keep, to learn from, to practice with, and to take to the studio to teach
- Sequencing Quick Finder ~ CLICK HERE TO GET A GLIMPSE! This is a web page that contains just the sequencing tutorials from the Workshop, organized into easy blocks so you can go back at any time and refresh your memory on various aspects of sequencing without having to hunt through the whole workshop to find what you're looking for; a great resource that you'll use again and again. (Available when you sign up for the full workshop.)
This workshop is 100 percent online and allows you to move at your own pace and review the information as often as you like. The handouts that you will download with each Module provide a rich resource you can continue to use long after you complete the workshop. It also offers Yoga Alliance CEUs for yoga teachers who are Yoga Alliance certified. Our site is mobile-friendly, so you can access the workshop from your phone, tablet, or other device.
Choose to Sign Up for the Full Workshop or a Single Module
The Art of Sequencing Workshop: Module One ~ $195 ~ 10 CEUs ~ One Year Access
Module 1 introduces the first two principles of the Fundamental Formula for creating masterfully sequenced classes. The most important issue to address in starting the physical part of any yoga practice is to properly warm up the spine and prepare it for stronger aspects of the practice. In this Module, Master Sequencer Melody White shares the 5 Primary Movements of the Spine, their importance in maintaining a healthy spine, and the subtle ways in which to warm up the spine for a yoga practice. You will also learn the 5 Points of Orientation, from which you can begin any sequence or class, bringing awareness to where you are on the mat at any given time, and providing options for making choices and adjustments based on the practitioners in your class.
The Art of Sequencing Workshop: Module Two ~ $195 ~ 10 CEUs ~ One Year Access
This Module builds on the first two principles addressed in Module 1, adding the final principle of the Fundamental Formula, the 7 Elements of Opening. In this Module 2, Master Sequencer Melody White will also share how to categorize postures for purposes of anatomical and energetic alignment, and the important role of balance and symmetry in the practice. You’ll develop a greater understanding of the postures that make up dynamic sequences and learn how to categorize those postures into one of two categories that allow you to easily place them into any format in a manner that supports the subtle body and creates a more optimal feel to the practice. The focus in this module is on placing basic standing open hip and squared hip postures, and their associated standing balances, into linear sequences from both the top of the mat and the back of the mat, as well as working with complementary floorwork.
The Art of Sequencing Workshop: Module Three ~ $395 ~ 30 CEUs ~ Three Year Access
This Module is all about defining and applying the principles of rotation on your mat. Circles are great holders of sacred space and allow for accessing center. Here in this module we use rotation in a circle to access the center of us, and create meditative space for communication with self. This Module shares the principles for rotation on the mat in multiple mandala formats, which support radial balance; understanding working along horizontal and vertical paths; and how to use these energetic pathways together to create spheres, which have a three dimensional affect on the subtle body. It shares a tremendous amount of information, both through video tutorials and written handouts. For that reason, it is divided into several sections to allow you to progress more easily through the Module and master one concept at a time.
The Art of Sequencing Full Workshop (Modules 1, 2, 3) ~ $595 ~ 50 CEUs ~ Lifetime Access
The full workshop includes all three modules described above, plus the Sequencing Quick Finder.
Each Module includes its own downloadable handouts. There is a total of more than 100 pages of written material, so you may wish to print each part as you go along and put it in a binder for easy access and future reference. The handouts that accompany the workshop are intended to be used as a resource and reference long after you’ve finished the workshop.
Once you've registered for the Workshop or for an individual module and have logged in, you can navigate to any part of the Workshop by clicking the buttons below.